White T-Shirt Strips are provided. Also anti-rust strip to make sure that your axles don't rust while in storage. No need to go and tear up that old t-shirt. We provided 2x strips for all your needs.
For the highest possible shine, polish your axles with our custom made 2 Micron diamond finish paste. We know whats in it because we make it our selves. It is considered a "heavy" concentration meaning there is more diamond powder than the standard grade.
How to use the paste. Always were safety glasses !!!!!
- Use a drill attached to a solid surface. I do not like Dremels because the RPM is too high and will burn your polishing compound. I do not like drill press because the approach is incorrect and you run the chance of injuring yourself. Also, drill press usually has more HP than a hand drill and it can hurt you if you run into any problems.
- Chuck an axle into the tool. You want to have the all the sanded portion of the axle exposed plus a little bit of the factory plating to ensure complete polish surface.
- Apply a small dab of polish to the provided cotton strips.
- Polish the axle for about 15 seconds or so. Pay special attention to the underside of the axle head and the about 1/2" of the shaft underneath the head of the axle. Compound will cause a darkish/blackish residue on the cotton strip. This is normal.
- Use a clean part of the strip to buff off the residue until there it no longer discolors the strip
- Clean the axles with Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol, and then dry. We suggest to seal the metal to ensure that there will be no rusting at a later date. Remember you have removed the plating, no you have a raw polished steel axle. Use the provided anti-rust paper to help eliminate rust if you do not have a sealant.
Video to come soon.... I thought someone else had published one. Can't find it, so I will have to make one up. Sorry about that.